Chicago Real Estate Landlord Resources
Chicago Real Estate Artists is committed to helping landlords safely, and easily, rent out their homes for the highest returns.
Our leasing services are offer on an exclusive agency basis, but with the commitment on our part to simultaneously market the home to potential tenants, but also Realtors working with tenants with whom we pay a co-op broker fee. This approach provides landlords with a single point of contact for handling the entire process from initial consultation to lease signing.
Our exclusive brokerage services are at the customary fee of one month's rental for a 12 month lease, 1.5 month's rental for a 24 month lease. This includes :
Tenant location :
- A co-broker commission (a share of our fee is paid to a co-operating broker should one be involved in the transaction)
- Professional quality, wnhanced wide angle photography
- A complete MLS listing
- A comprehensive online marketing campaign including Craigslist, Trulia, Zillow, Hotpads, Postlets, Rentjuice, Domu and more.
Tenant screening :
- Cutting edge credit and criminal background checks
- Our full application provides landlords with tools to check rental history and income verification
- Asset verification when required
- Assisting with managing additinal co-signers when required
Lease signing :
- Chicago is a very tenant friendly city which easily penalizes landlords .We offer guidance to you to help you stay in compliance with the Chicago RLTO. This includes making you aware of provisions requiring you do not commingle security deposits, ensuring you are aware of the interest that must be paid on security deposits and ensuring your lease includes the necessary bank information for where the deposits are held.
- Chicago leases require a heat disclosure and we order one from ComEd to help you stay in compliance with this.
Post lease :
- We put the tenant in touch with management to handle move in and other introductory items
- We ensure the building has copies of the lease on file and that you are in compliance with the building's requirements for leasing.
- We take payment AFTER you have received the first month;s rental check and security deposit, not before.
- Michael Vrielink, Managing Broker Chicago Real Estate Artists llc