River North Real Estate For Sale
Chicago's River North neighborhood is located in the Near North Side community area of Chicago, Illinois. The boundaries fall between Michigan Avenue (east), Chicago Avenue (North), and the Chicago River (South and West).
River North is a relatively new neighborhood name, coined in 1974 by Chicago real estate developer Albert Friedman. Friedman was instrumental in helping revitalize the nieghborhood, which now houses much of Chicago's most high end luxury properties, including Trump Tower , The Fordham, The Pinnacle, 55 E Erie, The Ritz Carlton and many other buildings.
In contrast, the area contains several highrise building condo conversions with a disproportionate share of foreclosures and shortsales. Among these buildings Ontario Place (10 E Ontario), 440 N Wabash, 33 W Ontario and the Sterling (345 N Lasalle) have been very popular investment targets.
Besides a breadth of real estate options, the area holds a large amount of galleries, bars, dance clubs, popular restaurants, and entertainment venues.
Subsections of River North include:
- the gallery district, primarily along Superior and Huron streets between Wells and Orleans;
- a theme-restaurant area with many tourist-oriented restaurants, surrounding Clark and Ontario;
- "the Cathedral District," an area with many new residential skyscrapers surrounding Holy Name Cathedral (Catholic) and St. James Cathedral (Episcopal), located near State and Superior, and Huron and Wabash, respectively;
- a design district, with shops and showrooms selling commercial and luxury interior furnishings, in the blocks north of the Merchandise Mart; and
- Kingsbury Park, an area of newly built residential high-rises surrounding Montgomery Ward Park, at Erie Street and the Chicago River.
Four "L" train stations are located in River North -- Chicago (brown line), the Merchandise Mart (brown line), Chicago (red line) and Grand (red line).
Showing 1 - 4 of 4 properties found
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity program of Midwest Real Estate Data LLC. Real Estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Chicago Real Estate Artists, LLC are marked with the Broker Reciprocity logo or the Broker Reciprocity thumbnail logo (a little black house) and detailed information about them includes the names of the listing brokers. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may subsequently have sold and may no longer be available. The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Copyright © 2014 Midwest Real Estate Data LLC
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.